At SAFE Food Advocacy Europe, you will have the opportunity to be part of a small but dynamic and international team and play a key role in a growing organisation striving to ensure that consumers’ interests and concerns remain at the core of EU food legislation.
EU Project Accountancy & Finance Officer
We are opening a ‘EU project accountancy and finance officer’ position to support SAFE’s activities, starting in March 2024.
PROFILE & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in finance, EU project coordination/Management, Accounting,
Management, or any related field of study;
- At least 5y.- experience in EU project financial management, good knowledge of the rules related
to the major EU funding programmes (Horizon Europe, LIFE, Erasmus+, etc.);
- Experience in drafting financial forms for any application to an EU grant/tender/programme;
- Good knowledge of accounting legislation and EU accounting standards;
- Good knowledge of payroll practices in HR;
- Sharp organisational skills and high-level of accuracy;
- Excellent analytical/numerical skills and can-do attitude;
- Solid IT competences (especially MS Excel, Word, office 365 and Google Docs);
- Ability to handle deadlines;
- Legal eligibility to work in the EU is a must;
- Be an independent, proactive, problem solver and team player person;
- Excellent knowledge of English and French (both C1/C2 level) with strong communication skills
(spoken and written); other EU languages are a strong plus
MAIN FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participation in periodic financial control and reporting in EU-funded projects;
- Conducting drafting activities for EU grants;
- Assistance in grants/contracts management ;
- Preparing outgoing invoices and coordinating membership fees invoices;
- Validation of financial documents and proceeding payments;
- Participation in preparation of annual accounts;
- Conduct fundraising activities;
- Assisting in other operations tasks when necessary.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You will be part of a small but dynamic and international team;
- You can play a key role in a growing organization located in the centre of Brussels and help bolster
its reputation in the context of EU Institutions and Trade Associations;
- A permanent contract (CDI);
- The possibility to work on a full-time or part-time basis.
Qualified candidates should send a CV and a cover letter to Floriana Cimmarusti
(email@example.com) before 21 February 2024.
Starting date: March 2024
Please note that due to the volume of applications expected, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
carrying out the selection process and is deleted once the process has ended. For shortlisted candidates, we routinely ask for their consent to keep their information for 6 months after the end of the selection process in case other vacancies that could fit their profile, open.
SAFE is regularly looking for dynamic, efficient and multi-skilled interns willing to become part of the team.
We welcome students from different backgrounds: European Affairs, Journalism, Political Science, Law, Communications or any other related studies.
Please note that internships at SAFE need to be part of a University cursus.
Open calls for internships
There are no open calls for internships at the moment.